SCECSAL PAST CONFERENCES
SCECSAL Standing Conferences are held biennialy and are hosted by SCECSAL member Associations. Hosts for future conferences are confirmed during the SCECSAL General Assembly meeting which is held on the last day of the SCECSAL Standing Conference.
- XXIII SCECSAL Conference: Positioning library and information services to achieve sustainable development: innovations and partnerships, Entebbe, Uganda, 23 - 27 April 2018.
- XXII SCECSAL Conference: Digital transformation and the changing role of libraries and information centres in the sustainable development of Africa, Ezulwini, Swaziland, 25 - 29 April 2016.
- XXI SCECSAL Conference: Information and knowledge management as a driving force for socio-economic development in Africa, Lilongwe City, Malawi, 28 July - 1 August 2014
- XX SCECSAL Conference: Information for sustainable development in a digital environment. Nairobi, Kenya, 4 - 8 June 2012.
- XIX SCECSAL Conference: Enhancing democracy and good governance through effective information and knowledge services. Gaborone, Botswana, 6 - 9 December 2010.
- XVIII SCECSAL Conference: Libraries and information services towards the attainment of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). Mulungushi International Conference Centre, Lusaka, Zambia, 15-18 July 2008.
- XVII SCECSAL Conference: Libraries as a bridge to an information and knowledge society in Eastern, Central and Southern Africa. Diamond Jumbilee Conference Centre, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, 10 - 14 July 2006.
- XVI SCECSAL Conference: Towards a knowledge society for African development. Nile International Hotel (NIH), Kampala, Uganda, 5 - 9 July 2004.
- XV SCECSAL Conference: From Africa to the World - the globalisation of indigenous knowledge systems. Caesar's Gauteng Hotel Casino and Convention Resort, Kempton Park, Johannesburg, South Africa, 15 - 20 April 2002.
- XIV SCECSAL Conference: Information 2000: a Vision for the SCECSAL region. Safari Court and Conference Centre, Windhoek, Namibia, 10 - 15 April 2000.
- XIII SCECSAL Conference: Information for sustainable development in the 21st Century. Jomo Kenyatta International Conference Centre, Nairobi, Kenya, 27 - 31 July 1998.
- XII SCECSAL Conference: Libraries & information services in the 21st Century and beyond. Lesotho Sun Hotel, Maseru, Lesotho, 9 - 13 December 1996.
- XI SCECSAL Conference: Libraries and freedom of Information. Malawi, 1994.
- X SCECSAL Conference: Improving access to information and knowledge for socio-economic and technological development in Africa. Tanzania, 1992.
- IX SCECSAL Conference: Bibliographic control in 1990's and beyond. International Conference Centre, Kampala, Uganda, 21 - 29 June 1990.
- VIII SCECSAL Conference: Library and information services for the disadvantaged groups. University of Swaziland, Kwaluseni, Swaziland, 21 - 29 July 1988.
- VII SCECSAL Conference: Libraries and literacy, Gaborone, Botswana, 1986.
- VI SCECSAL Conference: Information for national development, Harare, Zimbabwe, 1984.
- V SCECSAL Conference: Libraries for national development, Blantyre, Malawi, 1982.
- IV SCECSAL Conference: Book promotion and the sharing of resources in Africa, Lesotho Hilton International, Maseru, Lesotho, 8 - 13 December 1980.
- III SCECSAL Conference: The development of information systems: an African approach, Nairobi, Kenya, 1978.
- II SCECSAL Conference: Libraries and information services as instruments of transition to the 21st century in Africa, Lusaka, Zambia, 1976.
- I SCECSAL Conference: Libraries and their impact on education, economics and culture in developing countries, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, 1974.
Copyright © 2001 - 2021 SCECSAL